Daniel A. Seibel
Dan’s practice focuses on estate and tax planning, estate and trust administration, fiduciary litigation and related dispute resolution. He has represented corporations and individuals in both personal and fiduciary capacities in interpretation, surcharge, accounting, removal, contest, breach of fiduciary duty, and related claims before the Orphans’ Court and Register of Wills/Wills-Orphans’ Court Division. In addition to estate and trust issues, Dan’s experience extends to disputes involving powers of attorney, multi-party and transfer-on-death accounts, life insurance and retirement accounts, custodial accounts, transfers to minors, as well as matters involving the Internal Revenue Service and the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue such as audits, appeals, and private letter ruling requests. Dan’s practice also focuses on providing clients with tightly coordinated and specially tailored estate planning services including business succession, charitable giving, private foundation, and post-mortem planning services. He has represented, or otherwise worked with, all of the major trust companies and financial institutions having trust powers in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. Dan is also respected among his peers, having been selected by Super Lawyer’s Magazine as a “Pennsylvania Rising Star” every year since 2018 and was recently selected as a Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” recipient.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Dan is a 2011 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- 2008 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, magna cum laude.
- Liaison to Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section -Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Council Member, Probate & Trust – Allegheny County Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh, Probate & Trust – Pennsylvania Bar Association, American Bar Association
Personal Interests / Community Service
Dan serves as a council member for the Allegheny County Bar Association and is very active within the bar. He has been a panelist for several CLE programs and Beginner Training Series Programs for Orphans’ Court Practice. Dan is an auxiliary member of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, a member of the Catholic Men’s Fellowship of Pittsburgh, and a parishioner and lector at St. Louise de Marillac Church. Dan and his wife Mary reside in Upper St. Clair with their two children, Gianna and Daniel.